BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER
BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER – LEGAL
SALARY: £15,298 - £16,659
A part time (30 hours per week) position has arisen within Legal Services. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and pro-active individual who is capable of dealing with a range of administrative tasks.
The post holder will require a methodical approach to work and be competent in the use of information technology with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office tools especially Word and Excel. Duties will include implementing digital transformation and ensuring the efficient operation of the deeds storage facility (strongroom) which includes maintaining and updating the register of deeds and the sealing register.
You will maintain the administrative, clerical and word processing function of the legal team efficiently and effectively. The key responsibilities include:-
- Dealing with the opening, management, closing and archiving of files including administration of the Legal Service Helpdesk.
- Assisting in the production of a wide range of complex legal documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation and in the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Using facilities offered by the Land Registry website and bespoke providers to the legal profession such as PLC, Lexis Nexis and Westlaw for the preparation of legal documents.
- Liaising with the Finance Department to process orders and prepare invoices for payment.
- The management of sundry debt recovery and the completion of council house sales
Candidates should have a professional and polite telephone manner, good organisational, communication, literacy and interpersonal skills. Experience of working in a legal environment would be advantageous, however training will be provided.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15 May 2018 at 1.00 pm
POST NUMBER: DL09
VACANCY NUMBER: 2018027
Committed to Equality of Opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the community