Mackworth House School, Derby is an independent, specialist day school that caters for autistic children and young people aged 6 – 19 years. We provide individual, integrated educational and therapeutic programmes within a small class and a small school setting.
We have a vacancy for an experienced, qualified SEN Teacher to join our staff team and contribute to the development of our school. The successful candidate must have experience in the SEND sector, in particular, Autism.
The successful candidate must also:
- Be resilient, dynamic and innovative
- Excellent classroom practice
- Have significant experience of using recognised and appropriate teaching strategies for our pupils
- Be able to work in close partnership with families and healthcare professionals to support our pupil's cognitive, communication, emotional, physical and sensory development.
- Hold a full UK driving Licence
- Hold a current first aid certificate
- Relevant qualifications QLTS/QTS is essential (PROACT-SCIPr-UK is desirable)
Mackworth House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people,and anyone applying to work at the school must share this commitment.
This vacancy is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
For all roles, we require a minimum of two references that may be requested before interview.
Please contact our Head Teacher, Marguerite Haye by clicking on apply button for an application form.
Apply for SEND TEACHER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly