Driver / HGV Class 1 Driver / Van Driver / Logistics Operator
Job Title: Driver (HGV & Van)
Salary: Very Competitive
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a Market leader in the asbestos disposal industry and provider of total waste management services for construction and related industries. They are currently recruiting for HGV and Van Drivers.
Your main duties will be operation of vehicles and equipment in a safe and efficient manner and also to carry out daily vehicle maintenance checks and completion of relevant records. You will also be expected to ensure that all required paperwork is completed correctly signed and dated, and returned to the Transport Controller. Making sure all loads are safe and secure and projecting a positive image of the Company to customers, their employees and the general public.
All members of staff are expected to ensure a business wide best practice, and knowledge sharing culture is actively embraced.
Applicants must have a HGV Class 1 Licence in order to be considered for the role.
- Verifying that paperwork matches bin type loaded prior to departure from site.
- All Duty of Care/Waste Transfer Notes are completed promptly and accurately.
- Use and maintain your vehicle and equipment in accordance with the training given.
- Carry out daily maintenance checks as per the daily check sheet accurately and on time.
- Report all defects which may affect the safe and efficient operation of your vehicle or equipment immediately to the office.
- Ensure all loads are secure and safe.
- Follow site safety instructions at all sites.
- Report any unmarked hazards, near misses or accidents.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties that are within your capabilities as instructed by the Transport Coordinator/Transport Manager.
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy and the Company rules.
- Wear the correct PPE at all times when carrying out tasks and ensure that you follow the risk assessment. If you are uncertain of any procedure consult your line manager.
- Attend tool box talks.
- Be prepared to attend courses identified by yourself and the Company that will improve your personal skill levels and your value within the Company including compliance with driver CPC requirements.
- Undertake any reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Skills and Experience required:
- A full UK driving license with LGV - Class1 (only HGV driver).
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- A very personable 'can do' attitude.
- High levels of resilience and flexibility.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Commercially aware and takes pride in the quality and standard of their work.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Van Driver, Delivery Driver, Multi-drop Driver, Service Driver, Multi Drop Driver, Product Transportation, Class 1 Driver, Class 1 Multi Drop Drivers, HGV Class 1 Driver, HGV Driver, Driver, Heavy Goods Vehicle Driver, HGV 1, Class 1, HGV Driver, Class I Driver, LGV Driver, Driver Class I, Logistics Operative, Warehouse Operative may also be considered for this role.