About The Company
Established in 1843, Rothamsted Research is one of the UK's leading Research Institutes delivering world class agricultural science. Our commitment to learning and development, equality and diversity as well as creating a positive work life balance, enable a welcoming environment for all prospective employees. We have an attractive benefits package.
We have an interesting and varied role for a highly organised and flexible individual who can support out Head of Site at Rothamsted Research, near Okehampton, Devon.
As Personal Assistant you will often be the first point of contact or source of information about the North Wyke site, especially with senior stakeholders.
You will need to have the ability to learn quickly about the site and our research in order to support stakeholders and be able to speak the language of the institute.
You will have the ability to be responsive, flexible and creative. Confidentiality and excellent organisational, technical and interpersonal skills are key in order to succeed in this role.
In addition to supporting the Head of Site schedule and key tasks you will:
- Organise travel for senior scientists
- Organise and attend meetings and
- Co-ordinate key HR activities including appraisals and recruitment as required.
- You will have line management responsibility for a full-time receptionist / administrator.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Interviews to be held on: 7th, 8th or 13th June 2018