TEACHING ASSISTANT (SEND – AUTISM)
6 days left
- Full Time
Mackworth House School, Derby is an independent, specialist day school that caters for autistic children and young people aged 6 – 19 years. We provide individual, integrated educational and therapeutic programmes within a small class and a small school setting.
The school is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant. This post offers an opportunity for the right candidate who is committed to further developing their skills and expertise.The successful candidate will have experience in the SEND sector, in particular, Autism.
The successful candidate must also:
- be resilient, dynamic and innovative.
- be able to work in close partnership with families and healthcare professionals to support our pupil's cognitive, communication, emotional, physical and sensory development.
- have excellent communication skills
- be able to work with a team of teaching staff and assistants
- hold a full UK driving Licence
- hold a current first aid certificate
- relevant qualifications (PROACT-SCIPr-UK is desirable)
Mackworth House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people,and anyone applying to work at the school must share this commitment.
This vacancy is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
For all roles, we require a minimum of two references which may be requested before interview.
Please contact our Head Teacher, Marguerite Haye by clicking on apply button for an application form.
Apply for TEACHING ASSISTANT (SEND – AUTISM)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly