Digital Marketing Officer
Digital Marketing Officer
40 hours per week
As TRP’s Digital Marketing Officer you will be responsible for the delivery and evolution of the digital communications for the Theatre Royal Plymouth including website content and functionality, social media and email marketing. As well as this you will be expected to recommend and implement new methods of digital marketing as they arise and become a necessary part of the marketing output.
Another large component of the role will be to create and execute creative marketing campaigns for a variety of projects including shows programmed throughout each season. All actions will be considered against business objectives and you will be confident in inputting into and delivering digital strategies as necessary. For this reason an understanding of how to evaluate digital marketing will be required.
Here is an overview of what you would be doing:
- To take responsibility for the content of the website and consider the end user experience in order to plan and implement new developments in partnership with our website development agency.
- To oversee and manage the email marketing schedule and aid other members of the team to create highly effective and targeted emails
- To manage, plan and create content for our social media channels with the objective of engaging our current and potential audiences and wider stakeholders.
- To manage the schedule and occasionally create content for our front of house digital screens.
- Oversee the digital output for the organisation
- To plan, create, implement and evaluate creative and successful integrated marketing campaigns for shows and projects associated with the Theatre Royal Plymouth.
- To research, recommend and implement appropriate new media and digital developments, ensuring Theatre Royal Plymouth is at the forefront of digital marketing to maximise ticket sales and audience development.
Below are the main duties you will be expected to fulfil on a daily basis:
- Create and manage content for the TRP website ensuring that information for shows, internal departments and core business areas are relevant and up to date at all times.
- Plan and implement activity on all marketing campaigns, on time and on budget.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of strategic marketing and PR campaigns.
- Manage the integration between the website, our e-marketing software and CRM system (Tessitura) to implement email-marketing campaigns with appropriate monitoring and evaluation.
- To work closely with Box Office management to maximise the potential for online ticket sales and ancillary products.
- Manage a large website development budget reserved for website improvement projects
- Creatively prepare and edit images and copy for the website using Photoshop
- Train other members off staff to use digital channels and ensure there is a consistency of output across the organisation
- Manage social media and the key members of staff that will execute content to social media channels
- Create, maintain and develop relationships with our key suppliers to ensure high-quality representation of shows and events
- Evaluate and report key digital activities to managers and senior managers regularly
- Be aware of the Theatre's brand, it's values and its functional uses and ensure consistency across digital channels
- Oversee the sending of email and SMS campaigns ensuring that design and function is consistent and that the schedule is up to date and agreed throughout the team
- Keep fully up to date with both current and emerging digital marketing methods, recommending and implementing methods as they applicable.
- Test and implement for new digital marketing methods and eventually train the rest of the marketing team on these new processes.
- K2eep accurate records of expenditure and work at all times to agreed budgets and deadlines.
- Undertake any additional marketing activities as required.