5 days left
- Full Time
Expected Salary: £19,000 - 22,000
ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to our investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities, all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
With this in mind we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our small Finance Team taking responsibility for the whole Purchase Ledger including processing and payment of supplier invoices, creating payment files and resolving queries.
Main Duties and Responsibilities would include
• To process supplier invoices on a daily basis ensuring accuracy and completeness, liaising with buyers to resolve any queries
• To prepare payment files (regular weekly ones and ah hoc) and check for credit balances on the Purchase Ledger.
• To ensure Remittance Advices are sent to all suppliers.
• To arrange payment of overseas suppliers and post payment to the Purchase Ledger.
• To process Expenses and Company Credit Card through the Purchase Ledger and liaise with relevant managers to aid completion and to ensure supporting documents are attached
• To maintain up to date supplier details etc. on the Purchase Ledger Supplier Master File, to add new suppliers as required
• To respond efficiently to Purchase Ledger relating emails
• To prepare month end reconciliations for respective Purchase Ledger accounts
• To complete regular supplier statements reconciliations
• To deal directly with suppliers and other departments resolving queries on invoices and payments.
• To provide holiday cover for other team members as and when required
• Other ad hoc tasks as required by the business
Personal and character requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and result-orientated with high level of customer service
• Ability to prioritise, organise and manage time efficiently
• Ability to take ownership of an area and initiate improvements/efficient changes where possible
• Accuracy, strong numerical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced organization
• Pro-active team player willing to help others and learn new skills
• Positive and friendly personality
• Good Excel and other MS Office skills, finance software training will be provided
• Purchase ledger experience is desirable
• Workplace pension scheme
• Perkbox membership
• Life insurance
• Employee discount schemes