Senior Accountant / Senior Finance Officer
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Luton LU1
Salary: £ 38,052 - £40,858 a year plus £3,203 car benefit
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Closing date: 10th May 2018
The Council moves as one team. They are champions of fresh thinking, and aren't afraid of a challenge. They listen to people - a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you'll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better.
Do you have substantial experience working in an accountancy environment where you have used IT based financial management systems to support budgeting, monitoring, year-end closure and financial modelling and planning? If yes then they want to hear from you.
They have an opportunity within the finance department where you'll play a significant part in developing, implementing and maintaining the financial practices and procedures across the Council, while providing advice and detailed financial analysis on complex aspects of the Council's business activities is crucial.
You'll be working collaboratively with corporate finance colleagues, partners and external organisations within a developing framework as determined by central government.
You'll actively contribute to the continuous review of all accountancy strategies, policies and procedures in response to the rules and regulations as laid down by Central Government, Accountancy bodies, and the Council in terms of revenue and capital expenditure, always seeking to ensure Value for Money and Best Practice.
So if you are a qualified accountant (CCAB) - i. CIPFA, CIMA, ICA, ACCA - or part-qualified with extensive experience, with an in depth knowledge of accountancy principles and practice, then they look forward to receiving your application.
Key Experience & Skills:
- Substantial experience gained in a complex environment of accounting functions including budgeting, monitoring, year-end closure, financial modelling and planning.
- In depth experience of using IT based financial management systems and the use and development of integrated spreadsheets to produce financial and management information.
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking projects, policy/strategy development and implementation of accounting advice.
- Substantial experience of managing others.
- Numerate and analytical with the ability to interpret, present or write complex financial reports and presentations to non-experts in a clear and comprehensible manner.
- Extensive spreadsheet, word processing and financial system IT skills.
- Able to lead, motivate, enthuse, inform and develop others and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to manage using performance management techniques, problem solving and project management techniques & able to manage change and respond flexibly to situations to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to consult with, persuade and influence a wide range of senior officers, managers, and members
- General annual leave entitlement (minimum 26 days rising to 31 days after 5 years service) + Bank Holidays
- Very generous workplace pension scheme (employer contribution of 17% on top of the contribution you pay).
Please visit the website for a full Job Description and Person Specification - this will be emailed to you.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the council's website to apply for the role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Accountant, Accounts Senior, Qualified Accountant, Senior Finance Officer, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Chartered Accountant, Management Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, Financial Accountant, Finance Controller may also be considered for this role.