Head of Video - South East
Do you love telling stories through video?
Do you live and breathe social media?
Are you a podcast obsessive?
If you've answered yes to all three, then we could have the perfect role for you
We are looking for a Head of Video to help implement our video and podcast strategy across the South East and Cambridge newsroom.
We, Reach SEACAM, need someone who is lovely to deal with and who can create compelling, original, shareable video-led stories for publications across our web, mobile, app and social platforms.
This vacancy could be based at any of our sites in Essex, Cambridge, Kent or Guildford dependant on the location of the successful candidate but travel across the region for jobs and training will be required.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
- To be a qualified journalist who can create compelling, original, shareable video-led stories for publication across our web, mobile, app and social platforms
- To source and share video that gets readers talking, through excellent use of social media
- To film and edit video to high standards, according to the values and personalities of the SEACAM digital brands
- To record, edit and produce podcast recordings and lead the creation and exploration of podcast opportunities in our newsrooms
- To be an ambassador for video in the newsroom and externally. Will need to be as comfortable pitching to commercial clients, as single-handedly guiding a shy interviewee through a video-only story
- To develop, with Brands Editors and Editor-in-Chief a Now This-style digital strategy for the region
- To be responsible for achieving video audience targets as the leader of a remote-working team
- To be an ambassador for SEACAM and help build the region's reputation for first-class video story-telling