Business Development & Tenders Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Business Development and Tender’s Manager
Salary dependent on skills and experience
STERIS are a global healthcare provider specialising in the provision of specialised products and services to the NHS in the UK.
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development and Tenders Manager to lead the bid and tendering process, to deliver high-quality bids on time and within budget. This individual will project manage the bid, key internal relationships and the governance processes. The role is crucial to our business success encompassing both bid management as well as wider commercial support and account key management.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills, especially written English grammar, spelling & vocabulary, with strong numeracy and literacy, combined with the ability to understand technical and clinical concepts and tender questions then provide clear concise responses whilst working to tight deadlines.
The role is based at Head Office in Derby with some UK based travel. Opportunities for flexible working are also available.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Business Development Director and Business Development Managers.
- Responsibility for the planning, management and control of all bid activities and for ensuring the creation and maintenance of a Bid File database
- Deliver all aspects of the tender process, including information, presentation, accuracy and submittal of formal bid and prequalification responses to maximise success
- Responsible for developing and maintaining good Customer relationships
- Adhere to STERIS bid management related milestones and quality gates
- Responsible for obtaining and using information that would enhance STERIS competitive position
- Preparation of all Commercial/Technical/Financial/Risk and other information in preparation of Tendering
- Identifying and advising the management team of any commercial, financial or technical risk for bids or bid opportunities
- Responsible for Customer presentations at either pre or post qualification stages
- Submission of bid to Customer within specified timescale
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the STERIS Values
·Pre-Qualification Questionnaire Management
·Pipeline and CRM Maintenance
·Project Management of bids working in close liaison with Business Development Managers to assist in successful tender completion
·Digital print management of bids and liaison with Head of Marketing to ensure appropriate graphics and photo stock
·Co-Ordination of key BD events and conferences, which can include some overnight stays and working weekends.
·Evidence Manager – working closely with Head of Marketing to ensure up to date Case Studies and other BD promotional activities and material
·Work with the Business Development Team during peak periods
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Proven experience of Bid Management preferably within the Healthcare Sector
- Ideally previous experience within a Commercial or Business Development Environment
- Good presentation, time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- High numerate literacy
- The role holder will have the ability to influence and excellent management skills
- Either full Project Management including commercial experience or strong Bid Management experience
·Degree or comparable level of work experience
·Excellent writing skills
·Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
·Willing to be flexible as per business needs
·Able to motivate a team
·Customer focused and committed to improving patient care
·Understanding of the bid process
·Industry specific knowledge and background
·Project management experience/qualification
Type of Person
·A real team player but equally able to work independently
·Confidence to interact with a range of stakeholders, including senior management
·Motivated and enthusiastic
·Discreet and confidential and able to handle issues with great sensitivity
Apply for Business Development & Tenders Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly