Job Title:Maintenance Worker.
Our client is a well established lettings agency with a wide array of services for local authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords. With other services ranging from professional property valuation, through to building maintenance, legal and tenancy services, a full spectrum of refurbishment for those who may need it and the provision of fittings and furnishings.
Due to these levels of service, our client experiences consistent success and due to this, our client is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Worker.
Location: South East London
Hours: Full time maintenance workers, work 0900 to 1800 Monday to Friday. The role includes sharing the “on call rota” with other members of staff.
As a maintenance worker with our client, you would be responsible for the performance of a routine and an extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings and equipment. Locations will include houses, flats, rooms, communal areas, the external fabric of buildings and gardens. You will be ensuring they are safe, healthy and pleasant places to live or work in.
Your Duties Will Include:
- Performing repairs or general maintenance work on facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment at various sites. This could include electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and masonry, glazing and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting and adjustment of locks, repairing door hinges.
- Servicing kitchen and other household equipment.
- Moving and assisting in the transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Responding to alarm calls as part of the on call system.
- Be able to do the very basic assessments on boilers and electrics.
- Reporting where there is a need for higher / specialist skilled crafts, e.g. gas engineer or electrician.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the company and the overall business objectives.
- You will be required to work alone at times and on occasions as part of a team.
- On occasions you will be working in areas where clients are present for the duration of your tasks.
- Depending on the job, you may visit some areas every day as well as frequently working at different sites.
Qualities and Skills Required:
- Hold previous experience in a building or maintenance role.
- Be proficient in the use of various power and hand tools.
- You need to have excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to make and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of people.
- You need to be reliable, flexible and able to do the job.
- Be conscientious, trustworthy and hardworking.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be able to solve straightforward problems.
- Have basic reading skills for following job, safety and other instructions.
- Physically fit as the role is very active.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have an awareness of the importance of health and safety and following the guidelines laid down.
- Hold a Full, clean and valid UK driver’s license.
- Have own tool kit.
- 25+ years of age.
Training and Development
When you start, you will receive training on the following:
- Health and safety
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords:Maintenance Worker, Maintenance, Tradesman, Builder, Construction, Skilled Trades, Handyman, Tradesman Vacancies, Construction Vacancies.