SCS Technology Solutions was established in 1995, and has become a preferred partner for IT support and IT consultancy to many top-performing organisations across Lincolnshire. We are looking to recruit an IT Professional with ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience to deliver both onsite and remote installation and support services to our customer base.
We are looking for an individual who is reliable, hardworking and can work well as part of a team and as a lone worker in the field. You will be responsible for dealing with confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion, maintaining confidentiality for any customer data.
You will be required to work towards Microsoft Professional Certification. A full driving license is essential for this role.
- The successful applicant will be required to work in the field as a Technician installing a wide range of new IT equipment & services.
- You will be expected to complete installation tasks, diagnose faults, resolve issues in a professional and timely manner, nurturing positive relationships with the customers and staff.
- You will be required to work at customer sites and also offer remote installation and support from Offices located in Lincoln by telephone & remote support tools.
- You will be required to project manage the delivery of new systems meeting time scales and deadlines.
- Research any software or hardware issues and to be able to diagnose/resolve the fault or ensure that problems requiring action from other departments are reported promptly and documented.
- Provide a high level of support to end users, implementing a fix or informing the customer of the solution to a query.
- To maintain effective communication with colleagues and other individuals within the Organisation, acting as a key liaison, highlighting potential problems
- Take responsibility for own workload, ensuring that tasks set by Management are carried out.
- Using an IT Service Management system to allocate installation tasks and monitor support tasks.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Experience of providing IT installation & support and the troubleshooting of hardware and software issues is preferred. You must have excellent communication, written, interpersonal attributes, as well as being able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
A working knowledge of the following systems would be beneficial:
- PC Workstations including HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Apple, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Apple IOS
- Server hardware and software including Microsoft Server 2008, 2012 R2 & 2016
- Office Applications including Microsoft Office 2007 - 2016
- Cloud Services including the Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online and other vendors such as Dropbox & Google.
- Security & AV software, such as Symantec Endpoint Protection, ESET & Avast products.
- Virtual technologies utilising Microsoft HyperV
- Backup Systems including Veritas Backup Exec and other technologies.
- Router, Firewall (Preferably WatchGuard) , Switches & WiFi devices
- Network protocols & principles, IPv4, IPv6, LAN’s, WAN’s vLAN’s & WiFi security methods.
- An understanding of Cabling standards Cat 5e, Cat 6, Fibre Optic
- An understanding of Broadband technologies including ADSL, FTTC, EFM, Leased Lines.
- A knowledge of VoIP & SIP services would also be beneficial but not essential.
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary – TBC