We are a family run firm of builders and developers based near Glastonbury, Somerset creating exclusive, high end, residential developments.
We are looking for a new Purchaser, ideally with relevant industry experience, to join our small, friendly team on a self-employed basis.
The role can be full or part time, to start as soon as possible.
Rates of pay to be discussed based on availability and experience but will be in the region of £10-£12 per hour.
Within this role you will be assisting with the following;
- Raise purchase orders with suppliers in line with company processes and requirements
- Follow up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates
- Deal with contractors daily requirements
- Develop & maintain supplier relationships
- Ensure internal systems are continuously updated with correct pricing information
- Deal with contractors on quality issues, and liaise with suppliers to resolve
The ideal candidate must be conscientious and show good attention to detail. A professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills are necessary to interface with customers, suppliers and staff. We are looking for a well-motivated, enthusiastic individual to be part of our continuing growth.
The applicants will be required to prioritise their work accordingly and to deal with issues as and when they arise in a friendly but professional manner.