As Events Manager, you will be responsible for the successful event planning and overall execution of all Weddings, Events and Conferences that take place within the venue. You will be required to interact frequently with customers and guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business. You will be responsible for all of our events from enquiry right through to delivery on the day. You will lead the Events team in delivering a level of customer service which is exceptional.
- To create and lead an ambitious, driven, caring and pro-active events team , one to ones and team meetings.
- Provide forecasting and reporting on Meetings and Events revenue highlighting potential risk periods in advance
- Manage and implement a rate demand calendar to ensure we are yielding effectively.
- To manage the day to day operations of the events team, and to ensure that all event business is communicated accurately to the operational team.
- Handle, convert and coordinate key meeting and event enquiries.
- Ensure all billing and payments of conferences and events are coordinated and communicated.
- Deliver a pro-active sales culture within the team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential
- Be pro-active and extremely organised.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills at all levels
- Be able to adapt quickly to change.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets.
- Be capable of building fast, strong and robust relationships with clients and colleagues.
Expected Salary - Dependent on experienceCompany Description Aston Wood is part of a group of innovative and profitable companies. We are looking to recruit highly motivated staff to join our team.