Social Media Producer
The award-winning Hull Daily Mail is looking for a fun, creative individual to join our social media team. With more than 250,000 followers on our social media accounts, your work will reach a huge audience every day. You'll be obsessed with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and know all about the latest trends on social media - and how to get the most out of them. Come and join our modern, digital newsroom in the heart of the current UK City of Culture.
Although this is initially a Maternity cover position, our team is expanding and we do expect this position to become a permanent position.
About the company
Reach plc, has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
The key duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- To developing and maintain a social media presence for news brands
- To ensure news brands have an engaging and consistent voice on social platforms.
- To play a part in growing our audiences online and in print
- To help the editorial team and the whole business to continuously innovate and change at the pace we need to be a successful media business
- Work on the newsroom's social media operation including pillar brand accounts
- Monitor social media for stories to ensure that we quickly develop content around key local social trends or stories which break on social platforms
- Interact and engage with readers on social media platforms
- Work with the content desk and reporters to ensure optimum use of social media
- Develop and create 'native' content to drive engagement on social media
- Maximise opportunities for audience engagement and interaction through awareness of emerging social media trends, platforms and applications
- Use social analytics tools to develop insight into engagement
- Work with other departments on specific audience engagement/social media campaigns, including competitions, promotions and commercial campaigns
- Ensure appropriate and responsible use of social media in line with Reach policies and strategic goals
- Assist in general uploading and digital content creation
- Manage or undertake company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management
The Social Media Producer will be a journalist able to demonstrate news/content gathering skills and digital understanding.
- A Reach or equivalent journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience)
- At least one years experience in content creation
- Digital skills including experience using a web content management system
- Understanding of SEO, search and social media platforms and relevant experience of using social media
- Ability to think creatively, come up with new ideas and engage with readers
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible approach to shifts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently