Castle Technical Solutions Ltd
Company Registration Number: 09848356
Job Description & Person Specification
Who we are
Castle Technical Solutions Ltd (CTS) offers a wide range of technical solutions to national and international commercial clients across several sectors. CTS provides bespoke designed, installed and maintained fire, security and access control systems. The friendly, busy and skilled team are based in Yeovil, Somerset.
Job Title: Fire & Intruder Alarm Installation Engineer/Technician
This vacancy is:
- A full-time permanent post, Monday to Friday 7:30 to 17:30 with one-hour lunch break;
- The need to work additional hours/overtime and to work away from home/ work base (at the Company's expense) during the week, if required;
- 4 weeks paid annual leave plus standard UK bank holidays (annual leave increases each year);
- Enrolment to the company's pension scheme is compulsory unless you choose to opt out;
- Company vehicle, equipment and tools provided;
- No line management responsibilities but the candidate needs to have sufficient experience to manage their own work and that of an apprentice efficiently;
- Further qualification and skills training available.
Salary: Between £18,000 and £28,000 a year
Negotiable dependent on the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Core responsibilities are:
- Follow design plans and specification to accurately install first and second fix;
- Communicate with the client's staff about equipment, specific requirements or queries they may have;
- Drive a Company vehicle and be responsible for ensuring it is roadworthy from day to day;
- Manage the handling, storage and correct fitting of costly equipment and devices;
- Manage the correct and safe use of tools and equipment including working at heights;
- Report to manager on work carried out and devices installed on site, and the work still required;
- Work well on their own; and flexibly and supportively as part of the team.
The candidate would be expected to provide evidence of an industry recognised qualification in Electrical Installation and/or Fire and Security Installation to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate an excellent work ethic including a willingness to work hard, deal with the pressure of meeting deadlines, good timekeeping, honesty and politeness.
All applicants must complete a CTS application form and may wish to include a CV.
Please contact us by email.