Mid-Weight Interior Designer
Mia Karlsson Interior Design is looking for a Mid-Weight Interior Designer to join its team in, Highgate London, UK.
We are a design consultancy in London’s Highgate Village, providing visually stunning solutions and comprehensive design services to the residential market.
We provide a complete solution incorporating spatial planning, interior and exterior design, build, architectural reconfiguration, lighting design, furnishing, decorations and procurement. Our clients vary from established, well-known names to smaller, niche brands.
With a steady pipeline of work for both, new and repeat clients, we are looking for a Mid-Weight Interior Designer to take ownership of their own residential projects and support on larger projects across all stages.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create FF&E budgets for small & large projects
- Ability to oversee projects from start to completion
- Take responsibility for all FF&E packages and ensure that they are delivered to the set project programme
Create immaculate client presentations in InDesign, moodboards, rendered plans and elevations (coloured in Photoshop), digital material palettes (assembled in Photoshop)
- Creation of visualisation of the designed spaces (either hand sketches or sketch-up renderings), bespoke furniture design and visualisation
- Strong client care and presentation skills
- Produce floor plans, elevation and joinery drawings using AutoCAD
- Understand the quality of the projects and ensure that everything from presentations to the bespoke furniture and light fittings are of exemplary standard and meet the client’s expectations
- Manage project documentation delivery: Organize schedules, digital folders and physical material palettes
- Liaise with suppliers and consults to integrate requirements and meet project objectives
Required Skills & Experience
- A completed degree in Interior Design (necessary) and a higher qualification would be a plus
- 2+ years’ interior design experience working on luxury residential projects
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling) and procurement
- Project experience in dealing with multi-lingual clients in Highgate, Finchley, Hampstead
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop – 2D Rendering/ CGIs, Sketch-Up, & EstiPC is a must
- Proven experience in bespoke joinery and vintage furniture design is a must
- Proven record of successfully communicating the concept through, hand sketches, CAD drawings or 3D models
- Hands on experience of updating product portfolios/catalogues using WordPress & experience of writing blogs is a must
- Client & Builder liaison
- Wide knowledge of hand-knotted traditional as well as contemporary Rugs is a must
- Furniture, interior and spatial visualisation skills through hand drawings or renderings
- Extensive knowledge of home décor products along with hands on experience in working with materials such as wood, ceramic & metal is a must
- A large network of London based suppliers and manufacturers
- Experience in studio management (assisting in ordering materials, keeping supplies up to date to ensure the smooth running of the studio)
- Basic IT hardware & software trouble shooting would be a plus
Salary & Package
- 20th May, 2018
If you can confidently tick off all of the above, then we’d love to receive a copy of your CV, along with a small selection of your most relevant and recent work as a PDF (under 3MB please)
No agencies please.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone only applicants whom we consider will be contacted – first over the email and then possibly on to interview. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.