Expiry date: 23:59, 29 April 2018
Salary: £18,563.00 - £20,326.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Local Government Pension & 24 Days annual Leave, plus bank holidays rising to 30 after 5 years service
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual with excellent communication and organisation skills to take on this role.
Reporting directly to the Group Payroll Manager, you will be supporting with processing the varying payroll documentation including new starters, leavers, monthly claim forms, SSP and SMP.
Duties are varied and include processing payrolls for up to 700+ employees, dealing with various payroll queries, auto-enrolment and liaising with HMRC.
In addition to a good standard of general education ideally you should have a minimum of 2 years experience of working in a payroll environment. You will have a confident manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, excellent MS Office Skills (Word and Excel) and will be able to work efficiently to tight deadlines.
You should have demonstrable experience of excellent administrative skills, including high attention to detail and the ability to work in a methodical, accurate and organised manner to meet tight deadlines. You should be comfortable working under pressure and in a fast paced environment. You will be a good team player, being flexible and providing support to other team members; as well as being capable of working independently and taking sole responsibility for tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To process payroll documentation which includes checking and processing all claim forms, new starters, leavers and changes to contract information.
- To deal with all payroll queries in a professional, efficient and confident manner.
- To administer paperwork relating to employees’ membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme and the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- To liaise with departments and external bodies such as HMRC and the DWP.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ideally has previous experience of working in a payroll environment
- Highly competent in the use of all Microsoft Office products, especially in the use of spreadsheets for calculations
- Works with accuracy and pays particular attention to detail.
- Has the ability to organise own workload and to work to tight deadlines
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 Days Annual Leave, rising to 30 after 5 years service
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
The closing date for completed applications is midnight on Sunday 29 th April 2018
Interviews to be held on Friday 4th May 2018