Assistant Category Manager (SIMO)
City: West London
The Assistant Category Manager is responsible for the commercial performance of the category through supporting the delivery of market leading ranging, pricing, product and people development. As a key member of the commercial team you will work across multiple functions - Proposition Development, Commercial Marketing, Buying, Connectivity, Finance, Retail, Online, OLS and Direct. The Sim Only category is a key growth opportunity for CPW and you will be responsible for driving volume and profit targets across Sim Only within Carphone Warehouse and Dixons. You will need to work closely with the Connectivity team to grow our Sim Only market share and offering, and project manage the implementation of technical changes needed to do so (e.g. Sim Only upgrades).
- Be responsible for category performance - including sales, margin, market share and stock targets and manufacturer/network commitments.
- Work with your line manager to develop and execute the quarterly trading plan for the category and providing relevant and timely inputs into the business quarterly planning process
- Liaise with Proposition Development team to drive more relevant propositions for each channel
- Keep abreast of developments in the market, conducting regular store visits and monitoring the competitor offers in the market
- Decide, in conjunction with the Category Manager, the most appropriate propositions to promote in each channel using relevant channel insight
- Work with the relevant channel trading teams (across Online, OLS, Retail and Direct) to drive a joined-up category plan and strategy across all channels
- Brief and sign off marketing collateral (e.g. in-store POS, online creatives, CRM noms).
- Manage the weekly nominations preparation process and briefing Marketing in the nominations meeting
- Understand the key details around network targets and the levers available to deliver them
- Attend and contribute to sales forecasting meetings for stock intake, availability management
- Be ollaborative, working amongst your peer set - specifically those within the Phones Category to share best practice, ways of working and support around key trading.
- Support the Phones & SIMO category team with ad-hoc projects, presentation support and briefing/admin - including provide holiday cover for the other ACMs
You will need:
- Experience in the telecoms industry
- Product or channel marketing process experience
- Ambition, and be a self-starter with proven track record in delivering strong commercial results
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills with internal and external Stakeholders
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Commercial acumen and financial awareness
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- To be a strong user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- To be educated to degree level
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.