Contract Support Manager - ICT
Could you take on responsibility for acting as commercial lead, managing ICT contracts whilst developing and maintaining positive commercial relationships with the supply chain to maintain and enhance performance to create additional value?
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Contract Support Manager to actively contribute to the management of the supply chain portfolio, including the development and implementation of supply chain and supplier relationship strategies Acting as commercial lead, managing one or more ICT contracts, ensuring effective stakeholder management, governance, performance management frameworks, escalation, risk management, issues resolution, financial management, change control and compliance
- Commercially astute
- Have an understanding of Contract Law and experience/knowledge of managing service agreements/contracts/frameworks
- Track record and understanding of contract management processes and performance management regimes
- Experience of negotiating and managing contracts, engaging with lawyers and other advisors as required
- Experience of supplier management and commercial delivery
- Experience of supporting the development and implementation of contract management plans
- Have a good understanding of procurement including Public Contract Regulations and standard sourcing methodologies
- Exhibits ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written)
- Able to interact and effectively influence stakeholders, building collaborative relationships where appropriate. Engages with users to understand requirements, influencing decision making, able to effectively question and challenge users ( act as a "critical friend")
- Has the ability to work effectively and proactively as a team
- Demonstrate an ability to engage by listening & communicating succinctly and clearly using appropriate methods to suit all audiences to maximise understanding and impact
- Generates effective solutions to problems, resolving queries and complaints
- Politically astute with an ability to develop networks both within the organisation
- Working knowledge of purchasing processes (Purchase - to - Pay)
- Experience of dealing with demand challenges in a complex operational environment
- Possess a relevant higher level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Desirable - CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification
Due to Security vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.