Graduate Software Engineer
FINTEC recruit is seeking a Graduate Software Engineer for our client based in Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland. Our client specialises in developing software for equipment and instruments used in high-energy physics and other "big science" projects. You will be working with a team of specialist to design, implement and maintain software. The job may involve international travel to clients' facilities, including Europe, and Chile.
An opportunity to use your scientific and software skills with a talented team of scientists and software engineers.
Responsibilities for the Software Engineer role:
- Supporting the core control software.
- Involved in scientific facilities, full details available on application
- On the job training will be given
Qualification and skill Requirements:
- Hold a scientific or engineering degree.
- Be self-motivated, analytical and inventive:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, are essential.
- Experience or training in developing scientific or technical software applications in a Linux environment with C++, C or a scripting language (e. Python).
- A background in physics/astronomy and experience of control or real-time software would be advantageous.
To apply for the graduate Software Engineer role click apply or contact us directly, details on our web site
FINTEC recruit specialise in Technical, Engineering for permanent and contract positions, UK and International.