MI and Reporting Analyst - Skills, Education and Employment
As a Skills, Employment and Education Analyst (MI and Reporting) at HS2 you will support the Skills and Employment Strategy Manager and the Education Manager to develop and implement efficient systems which store, manage and analyse data in a way that gives the business the information it requires to assess performance, manage the supply chains interactions with other organisations such as schools and other partners.
About the role:
- Develop, design and implement reports using existing systems and data
- Track all quarterly monitoring reports created by the contractors to ensure they are submitted on time and for accuracy
- Create SEE reports for internal and external clients in a timely manner in line with the reporting calendars
- Alongside the periodic reports, handle ad hoc requests from the business - this can vary from simple data extraction to more involved analysis.
- Working with other areas in the business to assist with data analysis - you will act as a centre of expertise on SEE metrics and provide input and support to ensure our analysis is based on sound and consistent data.
- Assist with improving data quality and consistency through the continual development and maintenance of data definitions, comparator benchmarks and data confidentiality principles.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships both across the organisation and with contractors
- Identify and assist the development of appropriate materials to support MI & Reporting activities
- Manage MI & Reporting SharePoint sites
- Experience of producing MI and data reporting using visualising tools and programs
- Experience with data management systems or statistical analysis packages
- Experience in interrogating and interpreting results from computerised HR systems
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with colleagues within the business and across the supply chain
- Effective use of MS Excel and ability to demonstrate use of advanced formulas and features including VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, dashboards and Macros
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.