Senior HR Advisor
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Working in a highly matrixed structure, you will work closely with your colleagues in the UK HR team, as well as liaising with global HR Business Partners (HRBP's), to support the consistent and timely introduction of people initiatives within your business areas in the UK. You will provide a first-class HR generalist service to your customers in line with the HR operating model, meaning you will partner with leaders and managers up to and including VP level. You will provide expert generalist advice and support, drive continuous improvements to support our cultural transformation, and coach and guide senior leaders to improve their people management.
Collaborate with HRBP's and Pearson People Services (PPS) to ensure a seamless customer experience that empowers people managers & employees in a self-service culture.
Work closely with HRBP's & global HR project managers to ensure employee lifecycle activities, such as annual performance review and pay review are delivered locally.
Partner with, and challenge other HR Generalists to deliver key service delivery initiatives and programs for assigned business areas are delivered consistently.
Work in partnership with PPS to resolve escalated queries that are received from the team, from people managers and from employees.
Coach and develop leaders and managers, up to and including Career Framework Grade 'F' (i.e. VP level), in people management and leadership aspects of their role.
Proactively identify opportunities for upskilling people managers in their core competencies i.e. managing performance, managing absence, and deliver training sessions in these areas.
Advises people managers on a broad range of HR topics including but not limited to off-cycle salary adjustments, local employee engagement/morale and other emergent issues.
Provide expert professional advice & coaching to people managers on the implementation of HR policy, to ensure global policies are delivered locally in a legally compliant way.
Drive/support the talent management agenda through facilitating talent reviews, departmental succession planning and workforce planning.
Promote the learning & development offering within your business areas to drive increased usage of available materials to support Pearson 'U' mindset.
Co-operate with Centre of Excellence colleagues to ensure a smooth provision of recruitment (onboarding and off-boarding), reward and global mobility activities as required.
Applies talent principles to coach and advise managers on rating potential of individuals in performance dialogue and other key HR activities such as recruitment and selection.
Effectively case manage all complex employee relations matters including disciplinary, grievance, flexible working and performance management plans.
Make informed and correct decisions within a consistent UK ER framework to support people managers in the effective management of their teams.
Autonomously undertake organisational design review work and carry through organisational change projects spanning large scale redundancy and TUPE projects.
Responsible for ensuring timely recording of cases and working with UK ER Manager to identify issues and trends in your business areas.
Champion change initiatives as we continue Pearson's journey to embedding the new HR ways of working and self-service environment.
Focus on continuous improvement opportunities that drive standardised ways of working in the UK, actively seeking out previous methods that are silo in nature.
Passion for interrogating data to ensure HRIS Oracle Fusion holds valid and reliable data to feed reporting.
Produce monthly progress/activity reports for your business areas to report on activity, evidence value add and highlight issues and trends.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, quickly builds trusting and respected relationships.
- Pro-actively reviews data to form insights and provide proposals for improvement.
- Comfortably navigates ambiguous environments & complex matrix structures.
- Can clearly articulate reasons and positives of continued change.
- Recognises the different requirements for business partner vs. service provider.
- Willing to travel across various offices outside of London to support customer groups.
- Possess intellectual bandwidth to work across multiple issues and business areas at once.
- Highly organised and with a strong work ethic to go above and beyond.
- Displays ambition and willingness to improve themselves as a professional.
- Provide and welcomes constructive feedback.
- Act as an ambassador for One Pearson and role model Pearson values.
- Demonstrates strong commercially mindset.
Essential skills and experience:
- High performance within previous or current organisation.
- Personally leading/managing complex employee relations cases.
- Delivered large scale organisational transformation projects i.e. redundancy/TUPE.
- Business partnering with senior managers.
- Degree/post-graduate degree in relevant field.
- Professionally recognised by CIPD, MCIPD preferred.
- Committed to personal CPD.