Head of UK Client Services, Trustee & Fiduciary Services
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Reporting directly to the Head of Trustee and Fiduciary Services Europe, this role leads the TFS client service team in the UK and requires a high degree of technical, relationship management and inter-personal skills.
- The successful applicant will have a current and broad understanding of the trustee market in the UK, the associated regulatory requirements of the industry and be prepared to take a leadership role within the UK market.
- The successful applicant will lead the client service for TFS clients for all matters, developing relationships with clients, ensuring all client issues are resolved, setting and maintaining high levels of client service, escalating any potential issues which may negatively impact unit holders, the client, the fund or HSBC.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Trustee Relationship Managers including people management, career and talent management/development.
- To act as an effective escalation point and provide thought leadership for the Trustee business
- To closely collaborate with the relevant stakeholders within Trustee and across HSS ie Sales and Business Development, Client Management, Compliance, Legal and Risk functions.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive leadership within the Trustee industry or associated relevant financial services industry
- Demonstrate direct understanding/knowledge/experience of Trustee services in the UK and/or associated relevant financial services industry
- Demonstrated decision maker who can operate independently
- Ability to build trust and credibility with senior stakeholders within Trustee and HSS
- Ability to build trust and credibility with clients including client retention and new client wins
- Collaborative approach to working in Matrix environment involving global/regional product and functional dimensions
- Fully conversant in the UK regulatory environment in particular AIFMD, UCITSV and COLL/FUND
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with negotiation and consultative skills
- Demonstrate relationship management experience - retention/winning clients
- An accounting or business degree background is ideal, with other qualifications relevant to the investment industry
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.