Quantity Surveyor role with Civil Engineering & Utilities Contractor i
Quantity Surveyor role with Civil Engineering & Utilities Contractor in their Water division
A Tier 1 Main Contractor within Civil Engineering requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their team working on a long-term Thames Water framework involving multiple non-network based schemes.
This contractor is a leading business who are looking to conitnue their growth across multiple markets including their work on major projects in the UK and abroad. They are able to offer a market-leading salary and package as well as the opportunity for further training and progression.
• Ensure contract financial transactions are completed on time and in accordance with contract terms and legislation
• All claims and disputes are resolved in an amicable and timely fashion making sure that subcontractor and supplier payments are expedited.
• Develop client relationships
• Timely submission of Accounts
• Ensuring debtors are kept to a minimum
• Maximisation of sales / variations
• Working closely with Regional Manager / Project Manager/Integrated Project Lead in maximising profit on the contracts
• Monitoring / scrutinising of costs and productivities
• Highlighting areas of concern / loss on any part of the contract
• Management of surveyors and commercial support working within the Integrated Project Team and other teams as required from time to time on behalf of the business.
• Undertake interim Project reviews and Project progress and cost reviews monthly
• Monitor and maintain positive cash position for the projects.
• Performance reporting
• Attend meetings with project teams to discuss cost v sale
• Ensure project teams are administering subcontracts and client contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions within
• Ensure accruals and applications are submitted in line with timetables/deadlines issued
• Provide tendering support to procurement as required
• Agree values and costs for projects
• Final Account, Preparation, Audit & Agreement
• Subcontractor engagement
• Assist Procurement to raise subcontract orders - complete subcontractor request forms and variations
• High degree of commercial awareness
• BSc or HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
• Experience of working within a Utilities / Civils background