Technology Risk Assurance - IT Assurance Manager
This role can be based at either the Birmingham, East Midlands or Milton Keynes offices.
About the team
We are looking for an experienced IT professional to join our team to grow our Technology Operations proposition which helps our clients drive exceptional business performance through better use of technology and implementing efficient IT operational structures. You will help clients reduce the cost and complexity of the IT estate and reduce the risk of disruption to a business from the increasingly pervasive use of technology. Our approach centres on providing advice and assurance that is focused on each client's individual challenges.
Our ideal candidate would have experience in industry acting in a team leader capacity within an IT environment, or would have previous experience of delivering IT risk advisory work to IT functions.
The Midlands Practice consists of 3 networked offices in Birmingham, the East Midlands (located next to East Midlands Airport) and Milton Keynes. The role can be based in our East Midlands, Birmingham or Milton Keynes office to suit you and will require some travel to cover the Midlands region, and potentially to support national regions.
With a rapidly growing, dynamic marketplace, more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Midlands Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through to major public sector organisations, FTSE100 members and large global businesses.
You will take a leading role in the delivery of IT Operations services and will grow our footprint in the Midlands market by developing new services and generating new opportunities. You'll bring proven technical experience combined with project/programme management, business process and consultancy skills to enable insightful and value-adding conversations with clients.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for extremely motivated individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team with significant possibilities to progress within the firm. The following skills are required for this role:
- Experience of being a part of IT functions, IT change programmes or advising clients how to improve their IT operations.
- Technical IT background and significant practical experiences, preferably in the delivery or assurance of IT enabled transformation projects and programmes.
- Awareness of current/emerging market technology trends.
- Understanding of Internal Control Frameworks e.g. COSO and end to end processes
- Excellent understanding of standard programme management methods.
- Good understanding of common business processes;
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
- Focused and initiative driven with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and exemplary report writing skills;
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques;
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
- A breadth of experiences that enables you to hold broad business conversations and articulate complex issues to clients in a manner that is clear and unambiguous;
- Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge.
- Experience of transitioning to cloud services and an understanding of the risks and mitigations associated with such transitions.
- Good knowledge of the ERP market and its stakeholders is essential and previous experience of implementation projects would be desirable
- ITIL experience
Birmingham, East Midlands, Milton Keynes
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.