Syndicate Assistant Accountant
Key Result Areas
- Accounting: ensuring the Syndicate and companies' general ledgers are accurate and closed for month/quarter/year end in a controlled and timely manner and in accordance with Group Finance Operations deadlines. This will involve timely posting to the general ledger, timely reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts from source data to the general ledger.
- Particular focus on supporting control of bank accounts, which includes ledger entries related to bank transactions, liaising with business to ensure underwriting transactions processed, processing Lloyd's expenses, bookings of loan and interest etc.
- Internal financial reporting: support production of month/quarter/year end reporting packs for group reporting, reporting to ultimate parent (ie MS&AD) and reporting to the Audit Committee; working with the FP&A team to produce commentary for results.
- Quality assurance: self-review of own work, quality oversight of output of peers as necessary; execute and evidence controls over financial reporting process, maintain process notes, production of audit files with appropriate evidence for each general ledger account to facilitate manager review.
- Stakeholder management: ongoing management of stakeholders is important in the timely delivery of financial reporting.
- Technical knowledge: remain up to date with IFRS and UK GAAP accounting standards and financial reporting requirements.
- Ongoing personal development contributing to overall development of the team
- Other: provide assistance to the Syndicate Finance Manager on ad hoc projects as required, at all times ensuring that the output is of a high quality.
Job Specific Competencies:
1. Qualified accountant with up to date IFRS and UK GAAP capabilities
2. Understanding of or experience in insurance industry
3. Intermediate Excel skills
4. Experience in managing a general ledger
5. Strong numeric skills
6. Account reconciliation experience