We are open to discussing flexible working for the right candidate, including home working or flexible hours.
AMCO-GIFFEN is a direct delivery maintenance and renewals service provider with an in-house design capability, offering wide ranging multi-disciplinary construction services to infrastructure asset owners across the UK.
As a rapidly expanding business, with over 1200 members of staff, this new role has been created to begin the process of phasing out external sources, and bringing all communication and brand design in-house.
Working alongside the Communications Manager and other members of the Business Development team, you will be accountable for the progress and execution of creative design in support of other communication material for the multi-channel execution of creative concepts.
- Maintaining and enhancing the new AMCO-GIFFEN brand, you will be expected to display:
- Advanced skills in current Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and employ technical skills and knowledge to check for accuracy and consistency in layout and text formatting
- Ensure quality and accuracy by proofing own work, producing proof copies for review by others, and revising materials according to feedback on proofs
- Meet deadlines for assigned projects
- Offer creative opinions and suggestions for aesthetic development
- Have an up to date knowledge of optimising imagery for social media
- Develop brand identities and strategic messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- BA degree/equivalent in design-related discipline
- 2+ years' experience working in this field
- Proficiency with design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and MS office
- Knowledge of capabilities/limitations of current web technologies
- Creation of some 'drag and drop' templates - e.g. Mailchimp design etc.
- Understanding of HTML and email campaign software is desirable, but not essential
At AMCO-GIFFEN we support the concept and practice of flexibility, which includes some variation in hours worked per week, remote working, and convenient start and finish times.
As a new position, we will strive to work with you to find a malleable schedule to suit both the business and your needs. Weekly working times will most likely fall between 8 and 21 hours, dependent on projects, and role success. This can be discussed at interview stage.
Competitive, dependent on experience