We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to join our team in our Cheltenham office to work on an exciting range of new educational content for schools. Taking direction from a Senior Editor or Project Manager, our Editorial Assistants work on one or more projects in a constantly changing environment. This role would suit a motivated individual looking to gain experience for a career in the publishing industry.
What are Editorial Assistants responsible for?
- Acting as assistants to Editors and Senior Editors
- Liaise with other in-house teams
- Basic level editorial tasks
- Proofreading / checking print and electronic content
- Testing electronic content
- Filing and other routine administrative tasks
- Working within project teams to deliver accurate content and products
- Providing support to other colleagues as and when required
Haremi helps publishing companies produce print and digital resources for education. We specialise in interpreting what publishers and authors want, helping them to turn their ideas and work into inspiring and exciting content for teachers and learners. We have project managers, editors, content producers, testers (and more) helping our customers create high quality, market-leading products. Our customers include some of the big educational publishers such as Hodder, Oxford University Press and Pearson, and some not-so-big publishers too. We offer all of the publishing services they might need under one roof. We're based in the beautiful spa town of Cheltenham, but we have an international reach, working with publishers around the world. We need great people to make all of this happen. We put a lot of effort into building a dynamic and effective team, committed to making a difference to teaching and learning, and doing everything possible to make our customers happy. Haremi is committed to promoting and ensuring equality and we value diversity. Our working environment is a friendly and supportive one, and we actively promote a culture of learning and development - we're sure you'll love it here.
Above all, you'll be expected to share our company values that are at the heart of everything we do: Integrity; Quality; Responsiveness; Continuous Improvement; Building Partnerships; Financial Responsibility.
The following qualifications, skills and qualities are essential for the role:
- Very high standard of literacy and numeracy
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Open and honest approach
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Able to manage own workload and prioritise as required
- Able to make decisions confidently, quickly and thoughtfully
- Collaborative approach
The following are desirable (but not essential):
- A degree in a relevant discipline (we are particularly interested in people who have experience in Maths or Science)
- An understanding of the print or digital production/publishing process
- Work experience in a publishing or digital technology business, or in teaching
- Editing or writing experience
- An understanding of the principles of instructional design
- Experience using content management systems
- Knowledge of HTML and XML
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter including details of your preferred working pattern/hours and salary expectations.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
Closing Date: 30th April