Senior HR Generalist (FTC 12 months)
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 50 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose.
We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education. We're here to help people make progress in their lives through access to better learning. By helping them along their journey of discovery and inspiration, we aim to cultivate a lifelong love of learning that enables them to enjoy a robust and fulfilling life - whether that's through employment or simply the ongoing joy of learning.
* Pearson Finance Services *:
Pearson Finance Services (PFS) is a dedicated captive finance shared service centre established in 2016 as part of a major efficiency programme across Pearson's global finance function. PFS is a central part of the 'Finance Operations' organisation within Pearson which is accountable for the delivery of all finance services, including financial control to the business. The services provided by PFS to its internal customers are Financial Reporting & Control; Financial Planning & Analysis; Project Accounting & Fixed Assets and Operational Finance. PFS receives transactional finance services (P2P, O2C, R2R) from Pearson's Business Process Outsourcing centre in Bangalore, with PFS being responsible for reviewing the quality, completeness and timeliness of these services. Both the Reporting Centre of Expertise and Intelligent Automation functions are also located at the Belfast site.
There are currently over 120 employees in PFS servicing four Senior Vice Presidents (SVPs) across Pearson finance who are accountable for finance services in the UK, North America and a number of Pearson businesses.
Summary of role:
As a Senior HR Generalist you will be responsible for providing a robust, legally complaint and commercially focused HR support service to Pearson Finance Services (PFS).Reporting directly to the Senior HR Manager for Finance in London, but in a stand-alone role in Belfast, you will work closely with senior business leaders, the wider UK HR team, and global partners to drive the people agenda locally and deliver people-related solutions which contribute to the continued success of PFS.
Operating at both a strategic and operational level you will play a key role in managing a wide range of HR activities spanning performance management; talent management; learning & development; employee relations and reward & recognition. Transformation and change management is one of our current priorities, and you will have an opportunity to fully support initiatives that underpin our ambitions, including driving employee engagement activities and implementing people development initiatives.
Main activities / responsibilities:
- Become a trusted advisor and coach to the leadership team, building capability and developing people management and leadership aspects of their roles;
- Work closely with global HR partners to ensure employee lifecycle activities, spanning performance management, talent management and reward are delivered locally;
- Drive/support the talent management agenda through facilitating talent reviews, departmental succession planning and workforce planning;
- Effectively case manage all employee relations matters including disciplinary, grievance, flexible working and performance management plans;
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure a seamless customer experience that empowers people managers & employees in a self-service culture;
- Ensure on-boarding and off-boarding activities are carried out in line with Pearson standards. This includes reviewing new joiner/leaver surveys and conduct exit discussions to identify opportunities to reduce turnover;
- Partner with Learning & Development colleagues to create a culture of continuous learning and deliver an L&D plan.
- Leverage grant support to put in place skills development programmes to meet the needs of changing work requirements and existing skill gaps;
- Champion change and transformation initiatives to support Pearson's wider Finance Operations Transformation plan;
- Work collaboratively with Change/Comms Lead and to design and implement a regular schedule of employee engagement activities to maintain morale and drive retention;
- Build a strong relationship with the entire team to be able to provide an accurate barometer of how changes and change management efforts are impacting locally;
- Support the Head of PFS and the leadership team to reinforce role clarity across the organisation and to plan and implement a successful migration of activities in and out of PFS;
- Report monthly people and culture metrics and use data to inform people priorities and strategy;
- Support the maintenance of employee records, filing and administration processes, including fair employment monitoring and article 55 reviews;
Any other duties as required to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Degree / post-graduate degree in relevant business related or HR discipline;
- Associate membership of CIPD;
- Demonstrable generalist experience in the core areas of performance management, talent management, employee relations, reward and recognition and employee engagement;
- Strong background in learning and development, specifically in the development and delivery of training programmes;
- Strong understanding of NI and GB employment law and equal opportunities legislation and it's practical application;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, quickly builds trusting and respected relationships;
- Ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level;
- Strong project management skills with demonstrable evidence of delivering / executing people related initiatives;
- Commercially switched on, with the ability to contribute to wider business and financial discussions
- Improvement focused;
- Highly organised and able to priortise tasks and workload;
- A self-starter, who is positive and enthusiastic and embraces and promotes change;
- Articulate with a strong attention to detail;
- Resilient personality and welcomes constructive feedback;
- Flexibility to travel to UK periodically
- Chartered membership of CIPD;
- Experience working remotely in a global business;
- Experience working in a shared service environment;
- Experience supporting large scale change programmes.