Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
They offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements.
Due to their continued growth, they now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commissioning Engineer to join the organisation.
The Commissioning Engineer Role:
As the Commissioning Engineer, you will be responsible for the commissioning of Cargo mobile systems in the Stoke facility, and travel to sites as required to commission Cargo Fixed systems. The Commissioning Engineer will also be responsible for installing PLC code and software programs, ensuring the systems are configured to match the FDS.
Key Responsibilities of the Commissioning Engineer:
- Ensure the correct version of PLC code is installed and modified to match the FDS for the system
- Test and prove all safety systems are operational.
- Program all relevant sensors to enable the system to function as required
- Install the correct version of software and prove that all functionality is available
- Assist with the commissioning of external suppliers equipment and confirm integration into Cargo products
- Establish safe exclusion zones for testing equipment
- Prove the performance of the system does match performance criteria outlined in the FDS
- Support the customer Factory Acceptance Test
- Support the customer Site Acceptance Tests
- Work with QA to resolve any quality issues
- Work with suppliers to correct any defects found during commissioning
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience with IFM CodeSys platform and Allen Bradley RS Logix is preferred
- The ability to work with others in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced product development environment
- Experience of design for manufacture, with a background in a production environment would be highly desirable
- Degree in electrical engineering is preferred - equivalent industrial experience will be considered
- Energy, drive and a can do attitude are essential for this position
- The individual will be expected to travel extensively overseas to commission products on site and support customer SAT's
In return, the Commissioning Engineer can expect;
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Pension Plan
- Fantastic career progression – Opportunity to work within an industry leading organisation
If you are interested in this Commissioning Engineer position, simply submit your CV & Covering Letter via the button shown.
Keywords: Commissioning Engineer, Engineering, Electrical, Electronic, PLC, FDS, Program, Test, IFM, Design, Cargo, Supply Chain, Supplier, QA, Quality, Stoke, Staffordshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.