Production Supervisor (Late Shift)
Are you an experienced production supervisor looking for a new career opportunity in a growing and progressive company?
My client is very proud of their companies values and ethos, this role is about so much more than enjoying a great job or being part of an enthusiastic and energised team, the company has a true passion for going the extra mile and giving more than the local business competition, in joining the company as a production supervisor you will very quickly feel the positive energy of the role and find yourself in a fantastic working environment.
We are seeking a passionate and forward thinking individual to join the company as a production supervisor, working on the later shift on a Monday-Friday basis from 3:30pm - 1:30am (the finish time is negotiable, however no earlier than 12:30am).
Your main role and responsibility is to plan, direct, co-ordinate and control the activities of the production operatives by performing the following duties amongst others;
- Study production schedules in order to estimate staffing, evening / night workloads and machinery requirements (your team will around 10 staff members, with hopes of increasing this number to 20 in the coming months)
- Perform a smooth handover from the day shift onto the late shift
- To become involved and hands on in production duties, essentially when the team is less than 10 members and willingness to work extra hours should they be required
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, and directing the team to prioritise accordingly
- Responsible for instigation of training for all new factory staff
- Management of production scoreboard and monitoring of efficiency
- Communicate with customer care immediately should an order be delayed
- Be the first point of contact for all production employee work related issues such as timesheets, return to work interviews, performance development reviews and disciplinary matters with the support of the HR manager
- Ensure premises are kept secure and to assist with any emergencies as required
Does this sound like the ideal career opportunity for you? We would love to hear from you, please note this advert is now live so please ensure to submit your application straight away!