Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer based in Twyford, Hampshire offering an attractive salary + benefits.
The role of Mechanical Design Engineer:
Responsible for engineering concepts and solutions under the supervision of the Principle Engineer or Engineering & Projects Director.
What we offer:
- Chance to join the principal Nuclear Engineering delivery team in the UK
- Contributory pension scheme and life insurance
- Private health cover with optional cover family members
- Annual salary review
- Potential annual performance related bonus
- Regular performance review
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Operating close to the beautiful and historic city of King Arthur, Winchester
- Close to mainline station of Winchester and Southampton airport
- Chance to work with industry renowned specialists
- A broad range of bespoke UK and international projects
- Interaction with clients including potential site visits
- 25 days holiday + stats
Key Aims & Objectives:
- Production of engineering concepts and technical solutions compliant with company and international standards
- Engineering of mechanical equipment to a level sufficient for manufacture and functionality
- Checking and Issuing of design and process documents
- Substantiation/validation of design output
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents (such as drawings, calculations, reports) and ensure they are completed within the required timescales.
- Issue engineering documents as required.
- Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- Progress small and medium sized engineering projects, as allocated or working as part of a team on larger projects. In both cases, most work should be carried out with minimal supervision, but with regular consultation with the Head of Development or other team members.
- Project work, in addition to design, will include all aspects of the design process such as draughting and testing of products, as well as other organizational tasks as deemed appropriate in order to ensure timely progress of projects being worked on.
- Concept, scheme and detail design engineering
- CAD / Autocad
- Good reporting skills to inform the Engineering & Projects Director
- Degree, HNC/HND (Significant experience and references in Engineering activities will be highly valued, in the Nuclear industry or other similar industries)
About the Company:
We have been involved in the nuclear industry for the past 40 years with experience from every licensed nuclear site in the UK.
Our seasoned engineers have been involved in projects from the design concept stage right through to manufacturing, testing, installation and commissioning. This experienced group of nuclear engineers have worked hand in hand with our younger engineers coming into the industry.