Working Pattern: This is a permanent full time, full year post. Required to work such hours as necessary to meet the demands of the role with a minimum of 37 hours per week. Annual leave will be expected to be taken during the school holidays in negotiation with the Headteacher Posted Monday 5th March 2018 Closing Date Friday 23rd March at 9.00am Sandgate is a forward- thinking special school for 80 pupils with severe and complex needs, covering a wide range of abilities. Older pupils are successfully educated on our co-located Sandgate at the Queen Katherine School facility, and funding has been obtained to extend the facilities to Key Stage 3 pupils in the very near future. Sandgate School is looking for an ambitious, experienced and highly motivated School Business Manager to join our school team and help us achieve our vision as a key and critical member of the school's Senior Leadership Team. This is a really exciting and unique opportunity for the right candidate as our school is primed to launch into a new era, with a new purpose built co-located development.
Job purpose The School Business Manager:
1. Is the school's leading support staff professional and works as part of the Senior Team to assist the Head Teacher in his duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
2. Is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of school support staff in partnership with teaching staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
3. Promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the school's learning objectives. 4. Is responsible for the Financial Resource Management/Administration Management/Management Information and ICT/Human Resource Management/Facility & Property Management/ Health & Safety Management of the School.
Leadership & Strategy
1. Attend Senior Leadership Team, full Governing Body and appropriate Governors' sub-committee meetings
2. Negotiate and influence strategic decision making within the school's Senior Leadership Team.
3. Ensure that the school makes best possible use of resources through effective strategic planning, including consideration of all financial implications.
4. Plan and manage change in accordance with the school development plan.
5. Manage the disciplines of Finance, Human Resource Management and Estate Management.
6. Develop and monitor contracts, tenders and agreements ensuring best value.
7. Understand the effects and implications of government policies legislation and directives and develop effective strategies for current initiatives and long term trends.
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now.