Job Title: Retail Administrator
Salary: GBP25,400 per annum
Salary Band: C
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: Full time, 36 hours per week
Closing date: 29/04/2018 at 23:59
The House of Commons Retail Team is a changing and dynamic team which operates three shops: two within the Palace of Westminster and an external shop in Parliament Square; in addition there is an e-commerce site which has recently re-launched. Retail Services is part of the Participation team with a remit to engage all visitors and the wider public with the work of the UK Parliament in support of the House of Commons strategy to support a thriving parliamentary democracy.
This role is a really exciting opportunity to join a creative and ambitious team in a non-traditional retail environment.
The purpose of the role of the Retail Services Administrator is to oversee the day-to-day administrative requirements of the retail team. You will act as the gateway to retail services, managing the shop inbox and external telephone lines. You will work alongside the management and supervisory team to provide exceptional standards of service to all customers and stakeholders alike. A varied role, covering elements of merchandising, stock control, web order processing & fulfilment, and general office administration. You will become an oracle of product and procedural knowledge. You will then work to share that knowledge with your colleagues to facilitate the visitor experience.
If you share our drive to deliver exceptional customer service and have a passion for working in one of the most iconic buildings in the UK, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Proven experience in an administrative role as part of a commercial team, ideally within Retail and/or the heritage or tourism sector.
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer service standards, and the capacity to manage the expectations of a demanding customer base.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage personal workload to deliver on daily and extra-daily tasks within timely fashion. Able to respond to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description which can be found on the House of Commons careers website.