Property Planning Surveyors
With millions of square feet of prime retail space to look after - not to mention Head Office and distribution sites - there's plenty to occupy the expertise of our Property department. Dealing with landlords and local authorities, handling lease renewals, construction work, budgeting and engineering projects all fall within their jurisdiction. We're working hard to make our stores even greener and more efficient, too.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for two Surveyors with experience in the acquisition and disposal of retail property to support the delivery of the M&S property strategy for a defined region, maximising value regarding both acquisition and disposal transactions.
Key accountabilities and measures:
- Provide administrative and organisational support to ensure that the progress of the regional property strategy is fully documented and up to date, maintain a database of activity for the region
- Aid in the development of the regional strategy to meet store and footage reduction targets
- Work with internal delivery teams and divisional management to progress new store and space rationalisation projects
- Dispose of closed stores in line with the freehold/leasehold strategy
- Work with external agents to engineer creative property solutions to manage excess space
- Ensure the efficient and expedient acquisition of new stores
- Liaise with the legal team on all contractual requirements from heads of terms through to exchange and completion
- Undertake all contractual negotiations and agreements through to exchange and legal completion of the transaction. Negotiate all legal, planning and financial terms with external parties. Secure all necessary third-party consents to complete the transaction.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of market activity. Keep up to date with property industry contacts and stay abreast of developments in planning policy and property law.
Technical skills/business skills required:
- Qualified as an Associate, Member or Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, with proven post qualification experience
- Evidence of developing a network of contacts within the property market.
- Contributes to the forward planning of activity on a region: is tuned in to our customers current and future needs translating knowledge of emerging trends to deliver the right property solutions
- Able to build and maintain excellent internal relationships with all key stakeholders, especially outside the Property Group, and collaborate with them successfully through the entirety of a property project
- Makes recommendations and proposals and argues effectively for the right outcome
- Is trusted and accountable to deliver commitments and ensures others do the same. Inspires and builds trust in relationships and teams that leads to commitment and support
We are offering a competitive salary, and great benefit package. Just a few of our benefits include: a strong group pension plan, annual bonus scheme and 20% staff discount.
To find out more and to apply, click on the apply button below