Reporting Lead VP/D - Tier 1 IB
My client a TIER-1 IB with global operations is currently recruiting for a Reporting Lead VP/Director to join them on a permanent basis in London. You'll be joining there Global banking division assisting them with Reporting and Administration ("RLRA"), which is a key role within the European Global Banking management team. Recognising that the COO is the SMR delegate for Global Banking, the RLRA is primarily responsible for supporting the COO in monitoring, reporting and co-ordinating the administration and where appropriate, escalation of material risks and issues for the Global Banking platform in the European region, also working closely with Regulatory Compliance,
This role also requires the supervision and support of GB sites within Europe, in respect of the reporting and escalation of material issues and will regularly require oversight and project management/leadership of other material matters or outstanding issues.
- Co-ordination of administrative elements of the COO's SMR delegate role, including but not limited to, the reporting/tracking of all escalations: (A) to the GB COO (i.e. from product, country, business heads); and, (B) from the COO (i.e. to the GBM/GB SMR(s) and to the GB Global/Regional Head(s));
- Preparation of all associated reporting materials and presentations (word and powerpoint) for senior GB/GBM management and relevant governance forums, as required;
- Maintenance of all required documentation and files (which must at all times be ready and available for review, upon request of the UK Financial Conduct Authority), in consultation with GBM management team, which co-ordinates the Senior Manager's Regime;
- Lateral co-ordination with the other GBM SMR/SMR delegate offices, as required, to ensure consistency of reporting and escalation procedures/disclosure within GBM;
- Interface and follow up, where required, with sub-delegates of the COO (a material population including GB country heads, GB product heads and GB European country heads);
- Aggregation of all material risks and associated issues across GB Europe into regular reports to the applicable SMRs and GB head - these will require regular updates, which include the status and program for remediation;
- Document the follow up of all action points/issues which have been raised by the COO, in committees and other forums, to ensure issue closure;
- Follow up and co-ordination of project management/ closure of all action points (this may include taking the lead in significant remediation/implementation projects); and,
- Attendance to other high priority matters (e.g. Brexit working groups, key governance meetings), as alternate for the COO, with limited supervision. May be expected to attend other governance forums and/or project management meetings as the COO's alternate/ representative.
- Excellent stakeholder management, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at senior levels in the organisation;
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to work effectively and deliver results in an ambiguous, matrixed environment;
- Ability to react to challenges quickly and respond with immediate action in a pressurised environment;
- Self-motivated and pro-active attitude / flexibility to accommodate changing environment and willingness to assume new responsibilities;
- Displays attention to detail at all times and demonstrates high personal standards;
- Strong knowledge of due diligence, risk identification and mitigation activities;
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory framework around regulated product;
- Experience of Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions controls combined with an understanding of regulatory agenda;
- Ideally a legal/business qualification, with compliance/operational/front line management relevant experience.