What are we looking for?
Lendlease Consultancy division is looking for a permanently employed Bid Manager to lead on large bids within the Infrastructure (Rail, Aviation, Highways), and the Heritage, Health and Education sectors. The Bid Manager will be based from our London office and will work on a full-time basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful person to be involved in bidding for large scale construction projects that are world renowned. Clients include LCR, HS2, Network Rail, TfL, City Airport, NHS, BMW, The Royal Household, Houses of Parliament, and the Royal College of Surgeon's to name a few.
The position is to understand the objectives of the consultancy team and to play a key part in the production of compelling materials mainly through bid and proposal management on key sections and production of well written responses. The role of Bid Manager is to assist and or lead in the bid process from development of initial win strategies, PQQ's, through submission and, where appropriate, successful contract award.
You will manage all aspects of bid development to achieve the successful conversion of project opportunities in order to secure the workload necessary to the delivery of the business plan. You will be accountable and responsible for your bids. A good understanding of the bid process, win strategy, storey boards, PQQ submission and project management of the bid process is essential.
This role would suit someone who maybe an assistant bid manager / bid coordinator or an intermediate level who is looking for the next challenge in their career.
- Interrogate ops team to extract detail behind project specific questions
- Populate capture plans based on feedback from Operations teams and other data (e.g. corporate and trade websites)
- Create compelling supporting documentation for certain negotiated opportunities
- Interrogate bid/pqq and supporting documents to understand project and requirements.
- Identify an approach to defining bid strategy and win themes
- Clear communications with the operations team
- Manage the delivery of bids or parts of bids
- Lead answer planning sessions and develop bid answer structures to define the most compelling and engaging response to client
- Write impactful, tailored, technically differentiated bids
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
- Deliver completed written bid responses against agreed deadlines
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders with the business
- Communicate and influence at a senior level.
Skills and Experience
- Preferred Bid and PQQ experience
- Preferred previous experience employed within the construction industry
Lend Lease Construction works in four continents, delivering ground breaking places such as London's Olympic Village, the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia and the Sydney Opera House.
Our reputation is founded on how we have achieved these and the many other challenging projects. Meticulous safety standards, an ongoing pursuit of improved sustainability and a creative approach to problem solving all play a part in achieving high standards and high levels of success
What do we offer?
Competitive Salary + Car Allowance (Dependent on Grade) + BUPA (Single Cover) + Pension (-5% %) + Bonus + 25 days' holiday (up to 5-day buy or sell scheme) + 4 Wellbeing days + other Flexible Benefits
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans-gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you could do here