Every day brings new challenges for our client. Every day, 618 seriously ill children from across the UK arrive for life-changing treatments. Every day, young lives hang in the balance as patients, families and staff battle the most complex illnesses. And every day, the brightest minds come together to achieve pioneering medical breakthroughs that change the lives of thousands of children - and change the world. This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential. Without donations, our client can't help fund ground-breaking research, advanced equipment, child and family support services, and the rebuilding and refurbishment of wards and medical facilities. Their staff help to raise these vital funds for the hospital. A better future for seriously ill children starts with you.
Our client has recently invested in a new Salesforce CRM system. This platform features an interactive and dynamic prospect management system with powerful reporting functionality, advancing the award-winning Fundraising Research team's ability to produce powerful appeal planning and prospect pyramids, as well as recording the charity's due diligence research cases.
Position: Fundraising Researcher
Location: Central London, WC1N
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 27th April 2018
About the role:
The Fundraising Researcher will use proven prospect research skills, and interest in the high net worth community, to complete bespoke research pieces on an extensive prospect pool of individuals, trusts and foundations, companies and charity volunteers for Fundraisers, Directors and hospital staff briefings to support charity fundraising. The role primarily covers Major Gift, Corporate and Special Events, however prospect research services, particularly due diligence, can be requested by any charity department. The sheer scale of charity demand on the Fundraising Research team's services mean no two days are the same!
The role also offers regular opportunities to volunteer at several exciting special events and community fundraising events throughout the year!
- Support the MGF Fundraising Research prospect identification strategy, with responsibility for qualifying sufficient high net worth individuals, trusts and foundations to deliver against monthly KPI targets and campaign prospect pipelines
- Develop an understanding of campaigns, appeals and hospital funding priorities to proactively identify new prospecting opportunities and help influence the allocation of newly identified prospects
- Interrogate a variety of weekly / monthly prospecting sources to identify new prospecting opportunities and ensure key updates are delivered to relevant charity staff in a timely manner - particularly if updates will affect the solicitation cycle
- Conduct due diligence on high value opportunities and prospects to provide reputational risk analysis, primarily for MGF, Corporate Partnerships and Special Events fundraising, but to also offer the due diligence service available to the wider charity where relevant
- Identify and research peer fundraisers (influencers / volunteers) for MGF, Corporate Partnerships and Special Events with the potential to influence support for our client and other projects, as requested. Analyse prospect networks and industry sectors to show who knows who, how well and in what context
- Contribute to the MGF solicitation cycle planning process by advising on the strongest route to approach prospects, liaising with staff to gather and disseminate intelligence on prospective and known supporters, and attending key team meetings
- Write research profiles and biographies to support MGF, Corporate Partnership and Special Event fundraising
- Co-manage and edit a weekly cross-charity newsletter on prospects, donor and charity competitors with Fundraising Research colleagues
- An interest in major gift fundraising and researching high net worth prospects; previous experience of working in a major gift fundraising team is desirable
- An interest in healthcare and medical research
- Excellent proven research skills with ability to present information to different audiences
- Experience of using a relationship management database e.g. Raiser's Edge, Salesforce
- IT literate; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and confident user of the internet
You may have experience of the following: Researcher, Prospect Researcher, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not For Profit, Third Sector, Major Gift Fundraising, Database Analyst, CRM etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK's leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.