Undertakings and Assurances Data Analyst - South
As a Data Analyst at HS2, you will support the Undertakings and Assurances team, managing their IBM XML database, working closely with both internal stakeholders and contractors to ensure compliance with our commitments.
About the role:
- Maintain the U&A database, associated files and project documents in accordance with HS2 U&A document management controls, standards, processes and procedures to ensure documents can be retrieved efficiently
- Designing and preparing reports and management information in response to requests from the business promptly and accurately whilst taking care to keep certain information confidential
- Developing protocols for data processing
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
- Working with the Technical Requirements team to manage any changes to the database
- Liaison with internal stakeholders such as the Legal team or the Land and Property team to obtain legal opinions or provide details of U&As that may impact project decisions
- Liaison with contractors, providing them with access to documents and helping run updates and reports
- Ensure that information in the database is correct, complete, and up-to-date
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Knowledge of document management standards, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of electronic data management systems for records tracking, archival retention and storage
- Literacy in Microsoft Software systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively communicate data and technical information to a diverse range of stakeholders (both internal and contractor)
- Project management skills
- Communication skills - ability to communicate effectively, develop and lead effective teams, provide report, presentations and liaising with internal & external stakeholders
- Excel skills - including V-lookups, Pivot tables, Macros, data transfer between different platforms
- Ability to manage data entry into and effectively interrogate a DOORs (Dynamic Object Orientated Requirements System) database
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.