Business Development Manager
As a Barclays Business Development Manager, within Home Solutions Partnerships, you will build and grow relationships with a portfolio of intermediary partners across mass market and specialist segments, encouraging mortgage introductions and adoption of Barclay's intermediary tools. You will build and manage our UK wide network of intermediaries and collaborate with colleagues across Barclays to effectively develop opportunities to support both Home Solutions Partnerships and the wider business performance. You will research information to identify trends and opportunities within your portfolio to meet the needs of the intermediary and help achieve towards the Home Solutions Partnerships contribution.
Working within Home Solutions - Partnerships, you will work within in a dynamic team, driving for a high level of broker and customer satisfaction and building relationships within Home Solutions Partnerships, and our UK wide network of Intermediaries. Our aim is to ensure our partners know that we are working towards being a Smarter Human Bank and that we aim to protect the Barclays of today, create the Barclays of tomorrow and inspire the Barclays of the future.
As a Business Development Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
* Devising business plans to develop/grow partnership relationships and business flow
* Formulating an engagement and contact strategy; building and maintaining effective internal and external stakeholder/broker relationships
* Researching and providing feedback on market intelligence to support product, process and policy design
* Providing coaching and guidance for brokers on products, process, policy and systems
* Collecting and analysing available information, and using your experience, specialist knowledge, expertise and judgment, to develop successful strategies out of a possible range of solutions
As a Business Development Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Proven experience in successfully building and maintaining relationships, with an understanding of UK broker distribution, ideally with recent B2B (Business To Business) experience
* Being fully CEMAP qualified, with experience in developing business with commercial growth, with a good knowledge of the financial service sector, particularly in the mortgage market
* The ability to take ownership of your workload and influence colleagues and customers at all levels
* Good verbal and written communication skills, with excellent relationship building and the ability to influence third parties to support the customer journey
* Effective presentation skills, being highly articulate and concise in both written and verbal communication
* The ability to analyse complex lending situations and develop solutions
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.