Student Support Administrator - HMYOI Aylesbury
HMYOI Aylesbury's education department are looking to recruit an experienced administrator to provide student support as a member of our offender learning education team. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for all general administrative tasks to ensure the efficient operation of the education department.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Collating and analysing data
• Creating and maintaining filing systems
• Designing and production of documents
• Use of appropriate databases and spreadsheets
The purpose of this role as Student Support Administrator is to provide administrative support to the Education Manager and the team, support student success through the provision of initial induction and initial assessments, to ensure students are enrolled onto appropriate programmes of learning. You will also act as part of the examination invigilation team.
Location: HMYOI Aylesbury
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP14,910 - GBP19,525 per annum
Closing Date: 26th April 2018
Milton Keynes College: Rewards
• 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
• Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
• Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
• Busy Bee's childcare vouchers can save working parents up to GBP933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
• Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
• Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
• Plus many more???
About HMYOI Aylesbury???
HMYOI Aylesbury is a prison housing young prisoners aged 18-21, all serving sentences over 4 years. The Education Department works closely with our prison colleagues to deliver medium to long courses that help prepare learners for employment both within the long-term prison estate and on release to the community. Courses include English and Maths Functional Skills (Entry 2 to Level 2), Business, ICT, Hospitality, Music Technology and Radio, Painting & Decorating, Horticulture, Construction, peer mentoring and Barbering. This is complemented by a range of courses available through distance learning at level 3 and beyond e.g. Open University, A Levels and BTEC level 3.
In the department we believe the opportunity to gain, skills and knowledge will help our learners to end their offending behaviour. We engage the hardest to reach learners and encourage them to take pride in their own education and self-development. As a department, we endeavour to inspire learners to achieve and for some, attain their first significant qualifications. If you believe that you can inspire and reach challenging young prisoners, then we would like to hear from you!
Prison Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm / Friday 8:00am - 12:00pm.
As a successful candidate, you will:
• Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
• Hold an administration or customer services based qualification at level 2 or above (desirable).
• Have proven previous experience in an administrative role.
• Have proven customer services skills and experience.
• Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
• Good IT skills with experience of word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and internet systems.
• Experience of induction and assessment IT packages (desirable).
• Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
• The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.