Site Manager, L&G Homes Communities
- Company Info
- Creating communities to live, grow and flourish.
We believe that the pride and commitment of our staff are the key to our success. By ensuring exceptional levels of care and quality throughout, we aim to become the foremost provider of first class homes and customer service.
- Department Info
- Our aim is to establish our reputation as the leading provider of top quality homes and first class customer service in the UK housing sector and to compete for market share with the established residential developers. We want to challenge and change public perception of new homes being inferior to older properties, by delivering a product which surpasses buildings of the past in terms of quality, efficiency and comfort. We are also committed to following a purchasing process that removes the stress and anxiety associated with moving home and one where customer satisfaction is embedded into all aspects of our business, supported by guarantees from a leading UK brand synonymous with honesty and trust. Our vision is, that by creating first class Communities, we will become the residential developer of choice in the UK.
- Job Duties
- To drive the day to day execution of building works in a completely safe and fully controlled fashion, ensuring all build processes are performed effectively and safely, in complete accordance with RAMS. Responsible for ensuring all site personnel follow the SHE Policy in all respects and for ensuring site teams adhere to H & S legislation in full.
Responsible for directing, managing and coaching the Assistant Site Manager and all site operatives to ensure delivery of a product quality of the highest order always.
Responsible for delivering the Construction Director/Project Manager's proposed build sequence and ensuring the site compound and welfare facilities remain fully functional and fit for purpose throughout duration of the development.
Responsible for managing sub-contractors, finishing foreman and forklift driver to ensure build programme is met and CML dates achieved.
Responsible for organising and leading regular Toolbox talks, reviewing RAMS and updating site White Board on daily basis.
- To enforce the company's Safety, Health and Environment Policy without exception to apply a zero-tolerance approach to any SHE breach at all times.
- Responsible for implementing the detailed construction programme on site.
- To deliver all agreed build objectives, targets and budgets adopted at site start.
- To effectively monitor and control construction performance, including prelim and site wastage to ensure both costs are minimised at all times.
- To champion product quality and strive to Hand Over defect free properties to sales for customers' legal completions
- To ensure total on-site compliance with our comprehensive home hand-over procedure
- To deliver CML certificates timeously and in line with forecast projections and customer expectations.
- To offer guidance and support to all site operatives and to lead by positive example.
- To ensure site hoarding is erected in compliance with company guidelines and policy at all times and to ensure site presentation is first class throughout entire duration of the development period.
- To manage the process to deliver top quality sales areas and show homes on time and within budget on every occasion.
- Responsible for reporting to Construction Director /Project Manager on construction progress on a weekly basis.
- Responsible, along with the Project Manager, for the management of all site based staff.
- Responsible, along with the Project Manager, for ensuring all personnel are appropriately qualified to work on site and that no site operative is permitted on site without having been properly Inducted.
- Drive Customer Service and quality standards for company, ensuring to impart the acceptable quality levels to all site operatives.
- Generate solutions/recommendations to resolve any construction and/or quality issues and encourage all staff to come forward with suggestions for improvement in process, build quality, customer service and any other areas of the operation.
- Embrace and be prepared to introduce/implement a variety of modern methods of construction as agreed with Construction Director/Project Manager.
- Attend Pre-Planning and Pre-Start meetings at direction of Construction Director.
- Ensure 100% compliance with any document management system introduced by the company.
- To encourage all team members to consider and propose efficiency, cost and production innovations for the business.
- Skills Required
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of build process and sequence
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines at all times
- Knowledge of system build (modular) construction techniques would be an advantage
- Must have experience of building on large development sites comprising more than 150 units
- Preferable to hold an appropriate professional qualification or be a qualified tradesman
- Comprehensive technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints must be demonstrated
- Methodical and organised with an eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with DocHosting drawing register system
- Holder of CSCS Black Card and preferably qualified First Aider
- A proven record of working successfully within a larger team
- Fully committed to delivering the highest level of Health & Safety standards at all times and preferably SMSTS qualified
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Graham Stoddart, UK Resourcing Business Partner, at
Please note that applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button below and not by email.