People Partner- Home based - South of England
Apply today. Change lives tomorrow.
Home based - South of England (some travel expected)
17.5 hours per week
Circa GBP33,000 per annum, pro rata
How we work:
- Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
- Providing strategic HR interventions that deliver on our objectives through the effective maximisation of staff is a vital part of our work. As a People Partner in the UK (South) team you'll be instrumental in providing HR support and advice to our operational managers in the South of England.
How you'll make a difference:
- By working collaboratively to provide professional and detailed HR advice, insight and support.
- By taking a lead role to create a coaching culture within the allocated service area.
- By working to deliver aspects of the area's People Plan and action plans that lead to the achievement of the business plan.
- By progressing business and or service initiatives through an understanding of and the impacts against the operating context.
What you'll need:
- CIPD professional qualification
- Extensive experience in an HR Management and/or Business Partnership role
- Experience of managing TUPE transfers and proven knowledge of the law affecting TUPE.
- Experience of delivering effective and successful change management programmes, including an understanding of the legal context, as well as the engagement context
- Knowledge of a range of HR/OD theories, practices, frameworks and tools and an ability to apply these in individual and group situations
- A good working knowledge of employment law
- Exercises sound judgement based on logical thinking, best practice, organisational understanding and evidence
- Ability to work effectively across the matrix and manage complexity and conflicting and competing requirements well.
- Ability to travel to locations across the South of England when necessary.
To apply please visit our website via the apply button.
How we reward you:
One role. Many rewards.
Find out about our benefit package on our website.
Closing date: 26 April 2018
Action for Children exists to make children's lives better: now, tomorrow and every day.
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work. Registered charity no. . Company no. . Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.