We are looking for a Designer to join our highways team in Hinckley Point, Somerset.
Our Hinkley Point C Infrastructure Operations and Maintenance project requires a Designer to undertake design and other technical input on a wide portfolio of infrastructure maintenance and design and build schemes. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will play a vital role in providing a design service for our Client.
- Undertake designs, drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and supporting site and works information, pre-construction environmental checks and safety plans, technical reports and other technical output to achieve the requirements of our Client's briefs
- Organise and undertake site visits and surveys.
- Use of survey equipment to carry out topographic surveys for schemes and interpretation of survey information into a scheme design.
- Designing and utilising software such as AutoCAD, Key Lines, Key Signs as appropriate
- Undertake and communicate Designer's health and safety risk assessments.
We're looking for
- Preferably hold or be working towards BEng/BSc in Civil Engineering or Foundation Degree in Civil Engineering and working towards I Eng or C Eng. HNC or HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent further education.
- Relevant experience in design and construction in the highway sector including drainage, pavement and alignment design.
- Competence in use of topographic survey equipment and interpreting survey information in design.
- Extensive experience of standards such as the DMRB and MCDHW.
Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you're involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you'll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA