Client-side Project Manager (Hotels)
You will directly manage hotel refurbishment and new build schemes for our client's portfolio of hotels across the UK. You will be working within a small team of project managers and alongside the asset management team and with internal/external design managers. You will report into the Construction Director and be responsible for delivering projects to help support the company's business plan.
Our client is an international hotel developer and operator which is currently undergoing an important growth plan.
- To manage the delivery of refurbishment, extension or new build projects;
- Flexibility to work on projects ranging in value from small to large refurbishments as well as extension and new build projects;
- Managing projects through all stages from feasibility, design development, site works and handover to operations;
- Overseeing and leading external consultants, designers and contractors;
- Obtaining and reviewing quotes and proposals, making recommendations for approval and preparing appointment agreements and contracts;
- Ensuring projects are delivered within agreed cost and time parameters;
- Actively participate in the Construction & Operations team and interact with other stakeholders in the organisation including Asset Managers, Technical & Maintenance, Legal and Finance, as well as hotel managers;
- Work with the department's FF&E managers to procure and coordinate the installation of FF&E for projects;
- Participate in reviewing and updating the department's standard documents, procedures and tools.
- Ideally degree educated and chartered (MRICS, MCIOB, MAPM or RIBA);
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience working for either a developer, consultancy or construction company;
- Hotel experience beneficial but not essential - experience in residential, student housing or high quality fit-out sectors considered;
- Good understanding of contract administration procedures and familiar with JCT D&B minor and major works contracts;
- Familiar reviewing and challenging project costs;
- Strong technical knowledge of construction.
A competitive salary and good benefits/bonus package