Senior Developer / Web Developer
Job Title: Senior Developer
Location: London (Brixton)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is seeking a talented and dynamic Senior Developer who wants a senior role in a team that's building incredible web products. As the right person for this new role, you'll have four or five years experience of back-end development already. You should show them on-line products or services that you have taken a major role in developing.
An understanding of OOP is essential. Experience with MVC frameworks (we build on Laravel 5) and tools like Composer would be a real plus. If you have any experience with running your own server then you definitely should let them know.
If you like setting yourself ambitious goals, then achieving them, then you'll enjoy this work.
Purpose of the Role:
A very hands on approach to development as part of a collaborative team, building on the highest standards to the Company's development process. The Senior Developer works internally on our six current market leading products that are used directly by some of the world's best known companies, including PwC, Microsoft, Citi, Bloomberg and Jaguar Land Rover.
- Work in Project teams, supporting the Software Developers and with the guidance of the Lead Developers to develop RMP Enterprise's current product portfolio
- Build on the development of future projects through the whole development cycle including requirements gathering, system analysis and design and various forms of testing
- Contribute to the planning and development of the product through the whole development cycle including providing a technical perspective during requirements gathering, system analysis and design and various forms of testing
- Perform a variety of established programming tasks whilst delivering the quality and service principles agreed and required by the Company
- Adhere to establish industry standards and practices such as PSR
- Write documented/ commented code that is understandable by other developers who may not be familiar with the solution and that it can be fully and thoroughly tested
- Understand the risks involved in working with inherited code.
- Regularly be experimenting with, learning and keen to try out new technologies as part of your professional and personal development.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of the English language (both spoken and written)
- Ability to communicate your ideas internally within a team
- Ability to develop opportunities for growth and improvement
- Ability to mentor Software Developers when working alongside them
Technical - essential:
- Demonstrate and provide examples of products you have developed through the whole development cycle including requirements gathering, system analysis and design and various forms of testing
- Confident discussing technical details and be able to make suggestions to improve existing projects and processes, as well as give suggestions and advice to others
- Interest in keeping up to date with latest technical advancements
- TDD and Unit testing knowledge
- Experience with MVC / OOP, MySQL, HTML and CSS
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Experience using a PHP framework like Laravel, Symfony, Zend or CakePHP
- Experience building a modern JS application
Technical - desirable:
- Linux server knowledge
- Experience using Sphinx Search, Memcache(d) or Redis
- ElasticSearch implementation
- js or similar JS framework
- Gulp, Git (or another VCS), Composer, Require, Angular / Bootstrap
- Experience using Git Flow for feature development
- Experience with larger projects and knowing how to deal with the component parts and trouble shoot projects you have inherited as well as ones you have built
- Experience with running a LAMP server
- Experience working in an agile environment, ideally using Jira and Confluence
- 24 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work schemes
- Flexible working options
- The ability to work remotely from home one day a week
- New MacBook Pro
- Free breakfast
- Regular social events
- An office bar
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Apply for Senior Developer / Web Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly