Logistics Account Manager
GBA Services have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Account Manager to join the team based in Scunthorpe. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary of £21,000 - £23,000 per annum.
GBA is an international family run business which offers customers dedicated solutions. GBA is headquartered in Lancashire, UK with an extensive UK depot network and European subsidiaries based in Poland, Austria, Germany and Portugal which allows us to combine worldwide coverage and an in-depth understanding of local requirements. Our mission is “to continually develop as a market leader in international express logistics”.
This exciting opportunity is based at the Scunthorpe office of GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European dedicated express transport providers. You will be part of a team responsible for operating and developing existing Key Accounts, and for nurturing and developing future accounts.
The Logistics Account Manager Role
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing specific customer accounts, this will involve quoting and sourcing the best possible logistics option for a variety of customers from various industries. To achieve this, you must develop a strong relationship with key individuals for each of these customer accounts. You must also work closely with other teams, as appropriate within GBA Services, to ensure the customer’s expectations are fully met or even exceeded.
- Act as the liaison between client, carrier, shipper & receiver
- Build solid relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Achieve team monthly KPI’s as well as sales targets
- Identify problems before they arise and be proactive in solving issues
- Manage a pre-determined customer both onboarding new customers and existing accounts
- Managing shipments to conclusion and overseeing until completion
As our Logistics Account Manager it is essential that you have the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience in quoting & pricing jobs
- Experience in providing logistical solutions
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to manage customer expectations
- Negotiation techniques with subcontractors and customer
- Flexible approach and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent inter personal skills with ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Monthly Profit and Loss and financial awareness
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Proven track record of pro-active sales generation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
- Ability to work to a structured price guide
- Time Critical experience booking dedicated charter, Handcarry, Express Airfreight & emergency road solutions.
- Experience of working within the Automotive & Aviation industry
Benefits of becoming our Logistics Account Manager include:
- Long term career with a stable market leader
- Competitive Holiday Allowance
- Company Pension
- Healthcare plan
- Childcare Vouchers
The successful candidate will have the skills to work within a fast-paced environment and be required to work 40 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:30am – 18:00pm, occasional weekends/ Bank Holidays may be required.
If you think you have what it takes to become our Logistics Account Manager please click “Apply” now. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Logistics Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly