GBA Services have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join the team based in Scunthorpe. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary of £8.00 per hour.
GBA is an international family run business which offers customers dedicated solutions. GBA is headquartered in Lancashire, UK with an extensive UK depot network and European subsidiaries based in Poland, Austria, Germany and Portugal which allows us to combine worldwide coverage and an in-depth understanding of local requirements. Our mission is “to continually develop as a market leader in international express logistics”.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join our existing professional team. This exciting opportunity is based at the Scunthorpe depot of GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European dedicated express transport providers. You are responsible for ensuring that GBA Scunthorpe warehouse, MHE, assets and customer property are controlled and moved in a safe manner at all times. Also to assist in the loading of vehicles and ensure that the warehouse locations are adhered to.
As our Warehouse Operative you will:
- Load and unload vehicles with various customer items using forklift equipment
- Unload items in to the warehouse locations specific to the item
- Manage stock control and item locations in the warehouse
- Drive a van to carry out deliveries and collections when needed
- Ensure that the warehouse locations are controlled and updated on the warehouse plan
- The safe use of MHE and carrying out pre-use checks
- Unloading and loading vehicles in a safe correct way
- Keeping the warehouse tidy, clear of all debris and safe for movements in and out
- Ensure that the fire escape routes are kept clear and accessible
- Updating the customer accounts team and depot manager on all movements
- Keep the transport yards clear and tidy
As our Warehouse Operative it is essential that you have the following skills and knowledge:
- Full UK driving license held for a minimum of 2 years (maximum 6 penalty points)
- Adhere to company policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety and security.
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Flexible to the demands of the job
Benefits of becoming our Warehouse Operative include:
- Long term career with a stable market leader
- Competitive Holiday Allowance
- Company Pension
The successful candidate will have the skills to work within a fast-paced environment and be required to work Monday to Friday 11:00am-21:00pm.
If you think you have what it takes to become our Warehouse Operative please click “Apply” now. We’d love to hear from you!