GBA Services have an exciting opportunity for a HGV Mechanic to join the team based in Scunthorpe. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a highly competitive salary of £26,000 per annum.
GBA is an international family run business which offers customers dedicated solutions. GBA is headquartered in Lancashire, UK with an extensive UK depot network and European subsidiaries based in Poland, Austria, Germany and Portugal which allows us to combine worldwide coverage and an in-depth understanding of local requirements. Our mission is “to continually develop as a market leader in international express logistics”.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced HGV Mechanic to join our existing professional team. This exciting opportunity is based at the Scunthorpe depot of GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European dedicated express transport providers. You will be responsible for ensuring that the maintenance of GBA Services vehicles is completed correctly so that all vehicles are roadworthy and maintained to the highest standards.
As our HGV Mechanic you will:
- Maintain HGV and Van fleet for GBA Scunthorpe. Including Servicing, breakdown & accident repairs
- Assist with testing/calibration of ancillary equipment fitted to the fleet
- Maintain report management
As part of this role some travel will be involved in a company vehicle to other sites.
As our HGV Mechanic it is essential that you have the following skills and knowledge:
- Time served fitter on HGV/Trailers
- Adhere to company policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety and security.
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Flexible to the demands of the job
- Forklift truck license
- HGV Class 1 driving license
- Experience with DAF and Mercedes Sprinters
Benefits of becoming our HGV Mechanic include:
- Long term career with a stable market leader
- Competitive Holiday Allowance
- Company Pension
The successful candidate will have the skills to work within a fast-paced environment and be required to work an alternate weekly working pattern - Monday to Friday 8.00am till 17.00pm / Alternate week out of hours on call.
If you think you have what it takes to become our HGV Mechanic please click “Apply” now. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for HGV Mechanic
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly